Employers sponsor wellness programs or initiatives to improve the health and well-being of their employees. The goal often is not only to save money on healthcare costs, but also to increase employee productivity and morale.
Please join Husch Blackwell attorneys for an informative webinar on the do’s and don’ts of creating compliant wellness programs.
- Background on wellness programs
- Common examples of wellness programs
- Laws governing wellness programs
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Title VII
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
Date and Time
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
Noon - 1:00 p.m. CDT
Joe Guffey, Partner
Scott Meyers, Attorney
Brian Stair, Attorney
Who Should Attend
Business owners, vice presidents, directors, benefits administrators, health enhancement managers, operations and human resource professionals, general counsel and other in-house counsel.
Continuing Education Credits
This program is pending approval for Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Tennessee and Texas continuing legal education credit. HR Certification Institute recertification credits and Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) recertification credits are also pending.
Contact Pam Clark at 314.345.6648.