Please join Husch Blackwell attorneys for an informative breakfast seminar on the do’s and don’ts of creating compliant wellness programs. Employers sponsor wellness programs or initiatives to improve the health and well-being of their employees. In implementing or considering the implementation of a wellness program, employers must be aware of the various laws governing these types of initiatives.
- Background on wellness programs
- Common examples of wellness programs
- Laws governing wellness program
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Title VII
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
Date and Time
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
7:30 a.m. – Registration and continental breakfast
8:00 - 9:30 a.m. – Program
Conference Room 9H
190 Carondelet Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63105
Joe Guffey, Partner
Scott Meyers, Attorney
Brian Stair, Attorney
Who Should Attend
Business owners, vice presidents, directors, benefits administrators, health enhancement managers, operations and human resource professionals, general counsel and other in-house counsel.
Continuing Education CreditsMissouri and Illinois CLE credits are pending. HR Certification Institute recertification credits and Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) recertification credits are also pending.
Contact Pam Clark