Organizations continue to face an increasingly complex risk environment. Many of these risks are enterprise-wide in nature and directly impact multiple stakeholders. Workplace violence and “active shooter” incidents are among those risks. Key findings from the FBI’s most recent declassified report on shooting incidents are:
- The annual frequency of active shooter incidents has increased 156 percent.
- 70 percent of active shooter incidents occurred in either a commerce/business or educational environment.
- 67 percent of active shooter incidents between 2000 and 2013 ended before any police had arrived.
Join Aon, the leading global provider of risk management and human resource consulting and outsourcing, and Husch Blackwell as we discuss these topics:
- What you need to know about workplace violence and active shooter scenarios
- Security vulnerability, threat assessments, emergency preparedness and contingency planning
- Insurance liability concerns
- Government-backed terrorism coverage vs. the standalone terrorism coverage market
- Legal liability of the employer: OSHA, hiring, screening of employee issues as they arise
Date and Time
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
11:45 a.m. – Registration and Lunch
Noon - 1:30 p.m. – Presentation
Grand Street Café
West Plaza Room
4740 Grand Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64112
Brad Hiles, Partner, Husch Blackwell
Sean Ahrens, Aon Security Consulting Services Practice Leader, Aon Risk Solutions
Who Should Attend
Business owners, executive management, health and safety managers, HR professionals, risk management professionals, general counsel and other in-house counsel.
Continuing Education Credit
Approved for 1.5 hours of HR Certification Institute recertification credits.
Approved for 1.0 hour of Missouri general CLE credit.
Contact Stephanie Dorssom at 314.345.6646.