The Chinese economy, the second-largest in the world, is slowing down. To transition to this new economy, the Chinese government is effecting reforms and adopting policy changes. How will these changes impact your opportunities, strategy and operations in China?
Please join Husch Blackwell and international law firm Pinsent Masons for a discussion of recent updates and new issues regarding conducting business in China.
- Overview of Chinese economy and recent policy changes
- Market access and other obstacles for Foreign Invested Enterprises
- Legal framework changes in foreign investment, such as the Draft Foreign Investment Law, and elimination of the registered capital requirements for many companies
- Opportunities in Pilot Free Trade Zones
- The growing compliance imperative
- Challenges and opportunities in a slowing economy
- The future – thoughts on the proposed U.S.-China Bilateral Investment Treaty
Date and Time
Monday, February 29, 2016
2:30 p.m. – Registration
2:45 - 4:15 p.m. – Program
4:15 p.m. – Networking reception
4801 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64112
Aaron Mann, Partner, Husch Blackwell
Fang Shen, Partner, Husch Blackwell
William Soileau, Legal Director, Pinsent Masons, Shanghai
Who Should Attend
Company executives, corporate counsel, international managers, business managers, compliance officers, contract administrators, sales representatives and others who manage or participate in activities in China.
Continuing Education Credit
This program is pending approval for Missouri and Kansas continuing legal education credit.
Contact Shana Hoy at 816.983.8809.