Title IX coordinators are responsible for overseeing sexual misconduct prevention and compliance efforts at colleges and universities. At this time of heightened awareness and regulatory requirements, institutions of higher education must train their Title IX professionals to effectively manage procedures, policies, and training programs for addressing sex and gender discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual violence.
We invite your Title IX coordinator and investigation professionals to join Husch Blackwell’s Higher Education team for a full day of in-depth training focused on preventing and redressing sexual misconduct.
This course is taught by experienced higher education attorneys and guest speakers who focus on investigating sexual violence and assisting victims. It will include both traditional presentations and interactive sessions and offer up-to-date information on responding to sexual misconduct in a manner that ensures compliance.
Each attendee will receive
- The legal environment
- Title IX sexual misconduct basics and overview
- The Violence Against Women Act Reauthorization basics and overview
- The Clery Act
- Consequences of noncompliance
- Legislation and guidance issues on the horizon
- Title IX coordinator/investigator responsibilities
- Policy best practices
- Complainant and respondent rights, resources and responsibilities
- Special considerations in sexual assault/sexual violence situations
- Investigation best practices
- Training and ongoing programming for your higher education community
Date and Time
- Written presentation materials
- An investigation checklist
- Self-study scenarios
Friday, January 30, 2015
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided
4801 Main Street, 10th floor
Kansas City, MO 64112
Interested in attending but can’t make it to Kansas City? Husch Blackwell’s Chicago office will serve as a satellite location where you will be able to participate in the program via video conference, hosted by a member of Husch Blackwell’s Higher Education team of attorneys.
Who Should Attend
College and university Title IX coordinators and investigators
$300 per attendee
(Full-day program, materials, continental breakfast and lunch provided)
Registration is requested by January 19. Space is limited.
Contact Shana Hoy