A Presentation by the Husch Blackwell Construction Law Group
Even with mandatory budget cuts now going into effect under sequestration, federal contracting continues to present opportunities for construction companies. But performing federal construction contracts presents unique problems not found in the private sector. This program focuses on the recurring and troubling issues unique to federal construction contracting and presents practical guidance on how to deal with them.
Presented by Washington D.C. attorney Hal Perloff, who specializes in dealing with construction matters with the federal government.
- Preparing for budget cuts under sequestration
- The scope of the government’s right to reduce a contractor's scope of work
- Addressing terminations for convenience and deductive modifications
- How federal contracts differ from commercial contracts
- How the government buys construction services and how to compete for it
- Best practices for preparing requests for equitable adjustment and resolving claims under the Contract Disputes Act
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
7:30 a.m. - Registration & continental breakfast
8 - 9 a.m. - Presentation
Husch Blackwell LLP
4801 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64112
Who Should Attend
Contractors, subcontractors, construction managers, attorneys or other parties that work on federal government construction projects.
The program is complimentary; however, registration is required. Please let us know by June 6th, if you plan to attend.
Please contact Shana Hoy at 816.983.8809.