Join our attorneys for an overview of what to expect and how to respond if your college or university is investigated by the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) of the U.S. Department of Education.
- The scope of OCR’s jurisdiction
- How OCR investigations work
- Effective techniques for interacting with OCR
- How to prepare witnesses and documentation for responding to an OCR investigation
- Resolution of OCR investigations
- What to advise institutional leadership regarding an OCR investigation
- General recommendations for internal practices and procedures to avoid external OCR complaints
Date and Time
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Noon - 1 p.m. (CDT)
Who Should Attend
Administrators and attorneys of higher education institutions
Continuing Education Credit
This program is pending approval for Colorado, Kansas, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, and Texas continuing legal education credit.
Please contact Shana Hoy for assistance with receiving continuing legal education credit in other states.
The program is complimentary; however, registration is required.
Contact Shana Hoy at 816.983.8809.
Connect With Us
We invite you to subscribe to our blog, Higher Education Legal Insights, and follow our Twitter feed, @HBeducationlaw.