Co-sponsored by Husch Blackwell LLP and Home Care Association of Colorado (HCAC)
Join us for a half-day seminar on new laws and regulations that will change how Colorado home health agencies operate on a day-to-day basis.
Lawyers from Husch Blackwell and government officials from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU) will address wage and hour issues, abuse reporting, quality management processes, and CDPHE and MFCU investigation and enforcement priorities.
- New laws on minimum wage, companionship exemption and overtime
- Employee use of medical marijuana and privacy issues
- New law on reporting elder abuse and financial exploitation
- Home health employees’ potential liability for caretaker neglect
- Impact of the Quality Management Plan on home health agencies’ Five-Star Ratings
- Top deficiencies cited by CDPHE
- CDPHE prioritization of survey enforcement
- CDPHE enforcement of the Quality Management Plan for home health agencies
- Update on MFCU enforcement, including priorities, investigations and prosecutions
- Agency best practices for Medicaid compliance
Date and Time
Thursday, September 10, 2015
8:00 a.m. – Registration and continental breakfast
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. – Program
Radisson Hotel Denver Southeast
3155 S. Vaughn Way
Aurora, CO 80014
- Elaine McManis, Branch Chief for Home and Community Facilities, CDPHE
- Kara Johnson-Hufford, Interim Branch Chief of Quality, CDPHE
- Matt Shadle, Section Manager of Home Care, CDPHE
- Timothy Sokas, First Assistant Attorney General, Director, MFCU
- George Codding, Director, MFCU
- Carol Manteuffel, Partner, Husch Blackwell
- Fred Miles, Partner, Husch Blackwell
- Mary Stuart, Partner, Husch Blackwell
Who Should Attend
Owners/operators of home health agencies, administrators, directors of clinical services, managers and supervisors, QA nurses, human resources managers, billing managers and medical directors
This event is complimentary; however, registration is required by September 3.
Continuing Education Credits
This program is pending approval through the Home Care Association of Colorado for continuing education credit for home health agency administrators.
Contact Shana Hoy at 816.983.8809.
Connect With Us
We invite you to subscribe to our blog, Healthcare Law Insights and follow our Twitter feed, @HBhealthcarelaw