Recognized in Your Field
Our clients receive best-in-class legal services focused on their industry. We’re honored to be recognized for our excellence in the boardroom, in the courtroom and in the communities where we live and work.
Some recent commendations from clients, peers, and professional and community organizations include:
- Working Mother magazine named Husch Blackwell one of the 2017 “Best Law Firms for Women,” in recognition of firm policies and initiatives that promote leadership and work-life balance for women attorneys.
- Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) named Husch Blackwell and Monsanto 2018 ACC Value Champions for their collaboration in implementing an innovative program that delivers superior outcomes in the defense of nationwide litigation. In 2017, ACC named Husch Blackwell and Express Scripts ACC Value Champions for their collaboration on a program designed to improve efficiencies in the delivery of legal services.
- BTI Consulting Group named Husch Blackwell to its “Honor Roll of Most Feared Law Firms” in its BTI Litigation Outlook 2018 report, based on interviews with corporate counsel and other legal decision-makers at large organizations.
- For the second year in a row, Husch Blackwell received a perfect score of 100 from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation on its 2018 Corporate Equality Index, earning the distinction of being among the "Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality."
- Chambers USA named 37 Husch Blackwell attorneys to its 2018 rankings. Husch Blackwell also received top rankings in 10 areas of law.
- Husch Blackwell was one of 22 firms nationwide praised by corporate counsel at Fortune 1000 and other large firms for its alternative fee arrangements (AFAs), according to a 2016 report from BTI Consulting.
- BTI Consulting named Husch Blackwell to the BTI Client Service A-Team 2018, honoring law firms that have been recognized for exceptional service by corporate counsel at Fortune 1000 and other large organizations.
- The American Bar Association Health Law Section ranks Husch Blackwell No. 4 in the Midwest and No. 4 in the South in its 2017 Annual Regional Law Firm Recognition.
- The American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) named Husch Blackwell's healthcare law practice the seventh-largest nationwide in its 2017 Top Honors list. In addition, Modern Healthcare magazine named Husch Blackwell the 22nd largest healthcare firm in the U.S.
- In 2017 Benchmark Litigation rankings, Husch Blackwell was named a “recommended” firm in Missouri and Nebraska, and 17 of our attorneys were named “Local Litigation Stars” or “Future Stars.” Additionally, Christopher Smith was named to Benchmark Litigation’s Under 40 Hot List of top litigators under 40, and Cynthia L. Cordes and Christine F. Miller were again recognized in Benchmark Litigation’s Top 250 Women in Litigation.
- Best Lawyers listed 156 Husch Blackwell attorneys--a firm record--in its 2018 directory as leaders in their respective areas of law.
- Husch Blackwell earned eight National Tier 1 rankings in the U.S. News – Best Lawyers' 2018 Best Law Firms list: Corporate Law, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Land Use & Zoning Law, Litigation – Labor & Employment, Real Estate Law, Tax Law, and Trusts & Estates Law.
- Husch Blackwell received a 2017 Pro Bono Publico Award from the Missouri Bar Association for demonstrating "exemplary service to needy persons and encouraging all attorneys to imitate their example."
- Husch Blackwell earned the top spot on on the Austin Law Firm Diversity Report Card, which recognizes firms that have done particularly well in retaining and promoting minority attorneys to partnership. The firm earned the highest grade of "A" for the fifth year in a row.
- A total of 131 Husch Blackwell attorneys were named to various 2017 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists.
- Midwest Real Estate News named Husch Blackwell one of the top 10 “Best of the Best” real estate law firms in a 13-state region for 2015.
- Husch Blackwell was named a 2015 Go-To Law Firm in the areas of litigation and labor and employment law by 16 Fortune 500 companies, as featured in the 12th annual “In-House Law Departments at the Top 500 Companies” guide from ALM, the publisher of Corporate Counsel magazine.