As an independent agency exempt from most federal procurement laws and regulations, doing business with the U.S. Postal Service is unique from contracting with other federal agencies and commercial entities.
Please join Husch Blackwell LLP at the Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel on Friday, October 21, 2011, for a fulll-day seminar as we review the special rules and policies that apply to Postal Service contracting.
- Latest changes to USPS purchasing policies and rules
- Impact of USPS's financial crisis on suppliers
- Stricter conditions on noncompetitive procurements
- Key contract administration problem areas and how to solve them
- Identifying and responding to changes
- Contract modifications and claims process
Who Should Attend
This full-day seminar is designed for companies that have, or intend to bid on, a Postal Service contract or subcontract. Anyone who is responsible for the success of your company's postal contracts will benefit from this seminar.
- Experienced Postal Service contractors will refresh their understanding and learn about the most current developments.
- Company presidents, vice presidents, officers, and managers will better understand the risks and opportunities under Postal Service contracts, and gain strategies on how to manage them.
- Contract administrators and project managers will learn the fundamental rules and policies that apply to Postal Service procurements and contract administration.
Date & Time
Friday, October 21, 2011
8 - 9 a.m., Registration & Continental Breakfast
9 a.m. - Noon, Morning Session
Noon - 1 p.m., Luncheon
1:15 - 4:15 p.m., Afternoon Session
Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel
1 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Early Bird Rate: $395 (through September 29, 2011)
Regular Rate: $495
Hotel reservations should be made directly with the Renaissance Chicago Downtown by calling Marriott reservations at 1-800-228-9290 or 312-372-7200. When reserving your room, mention you are attending the Husch Blackwell Postal Service Seminar to receive a special room rate of $249.00 (standard room) on Thursday, October 20.
The hotel will offer this rate three days pre and post event, based on room and rate availability at the time of the reservation. Reservations must be received on or before Thursday, September 29, 2011 to receive the discounted rate.
If you have any questions about the seminar or postal contracting, do not hesitate to contact the Course Director, David Hendel, at 202.378.2356.