Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening in our Washington, DC office for a Records Technician.
The Records Technician assists in processing incoming information, sorts, codes and classifies material for integration into systems or into storage areas; Retrieves/references information for users; Provides first-tier support for the firm’s Records Management Systems (RMS) and technology and plays a key role in system evaluations, migrations and implementations. Essential job functions include:
- Sorts and classifies material for filing.
- Files various media.
- Prepares additional new sub-files within the file classification plan.
- Retrieves and routes requested files or filing.
- Maintain the processes for incoming information and documents using appropriate technology and equipment.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of procedures for internal reference materials, which may include standards, technical reports, research papers, and digital resources.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of Records Management technologies to support deployment and training of all users.
- Move, install, and deploy equipment used for Records Management Technology
- Analyze and recommend improvements/solutions for technology.
- Work with software and equipment vendors to troubleshoot problems and recommend improvements.
- Respond to IT Helpdesk tickets as related to the RMS.
- Assist in developing and executing written test plans for RMS upgrades.
- Performs regular duties of active and inactive records operations.
- Performs other Records and light IT duties as may be required from time to time.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years’ relevant experience required, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, general database systems and technology in general.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Aptitude and interest in technology.
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
- High level of professional integrity required; ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust.
- Position is light work in nature; physical demands are in excess of those of sedentary work and requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 lbs. required.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more. Please send a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to careersDC huschblackwell.com