Husch Blackwell LLP has an immediate opening for a Healthcare Paralegal in the Healthcare, Life Sciences & Education Unit (HLS&E Unit) in its Denver, Colorado office.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Provide assistance to attorneys in drafting corporate documents, filing documents with state and federal agencies, performing various public searches, performing duties associated with licensure and certification, providing support for mergers and acquisitions, and overall client service. A general understanding of corporate and securities law and the healthcare provider’s interaction and relationship with Medicare and Medicaid will be beneficial. In addition, proficiency in Excel will be beneficial.
The person in this role must be self-motivated, detail oriented, have the ability to handle sensitive, confidential matters and exercise sound discretion and judgment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Organize client material.
- Perform public searches of all kinds.
- Complete and file various forms with state and federal agencies including licensure, certificate of need, Medicare and Medicaid enrollment and change of information applications.
- Prepare, draft, edit and assist with merger and acquisition documents.
- Prepare, draft, edit and maintain general legal and compliance-related documents.
- Conduct document reviews.
- Track deadlines.
- Learn/develop technical proficiency in database use and management; internet/electronic research; and project folder/electronic file maintenance.
- Independently organize and manage files or delegate similar tasks to Records Clerk and supervise same.
- Attend and participate in in-house CLEs.
- Supervise and mentor Paralegal Assistants (if applicable).
- Maintain professional demeanor and attitude.
- Comply with firm policies.
- Sustains attention to detail and quality of work.
- Meet annual billable hour requirement of 1500 hours.
- 3 years related paralegal experience; experience in healthcare regulatory practice or corporate practice preferred.
- Paralegal Certificate, Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Significant, substantive legal related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education at the discretion of the HLS&E SBU Leader.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to: careersparalegals huschblackwell.com