Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening in our Omaha, NE office for a Legal Support Team (LST) Specialist with significant legal support experience.
The LST Specialist is responsible for providing administrative support to attorneys and other timekeepers, successfully managing multiple projects and priorities. Additionally, the LST Specialist will work within a larger team of specialists, sharing responsibility for support of assigned timekeepers. The LST communicates effectively, courteously, and professionally with clients, visitors, staff, and timekeepers; demonstrates good grammar, spelling, and proofreading, as well as strong technical and organizational skills. Essential job functions include:
- Prepares documents: Types, transcribes, revises and proofreads legal documents accurately, prioritizes assignments, and meets specific deadlines on projects. Prepares documents for e-filing as required.
- Coordinates schedules: Assists in coordinating timekeeper calendars, and meeting arrangements. Makes travel arrangements and prepares itineraries.
- Coordinates accounting administrative functions: Prepares expense reports and reimbursement requests. Coordinates client billing matters, prepares billing letters and other requested client financial updates; assists attorneys with tracking and monitoring alternative fee arrangements; assists attorneys with automation, tracking and monitoring of matter budgets. Enters billable time periodically as needed.
- Processes new client/matter intake: Prepares and processes new matter forms, requests conflict checks, and opens new files.
- Processes mail: Reviews and routes incoming mail and fax communications. Prepares and processes outgoing mail and faxes, arranging for specialized mail or messenger services as required. Ensures that all attachments, exhibits, and enclosures are included. Coordinates activities with the Office Services department as needed.
- Maintains files: Maintains paper and electronic files in compliance with current policies. Works with Records Department to create and maintain client files and indexes. Marks case or matter related documents with filing instructions to ensure proper filing. Performs routine filing and retrieves files as needed.
- Provides general administrative support: Maintains attorney contacts, tracks requirements and activity related to CLE and memberships.
- Works collaboratively in a team: Proactively demonstrates effective teamwork and communication with team members and all Firm personnel. Actively participates in regular team meetings to discuss current projects and workflow. Takes personal responsibility for regularly exchanging information and training tips with team members for maximum job effectiveness.
- Logs projects: Updates project log with pending and completed tasks.
- Other: Operates office equipment including PCs, printers, phones, copiers, facsimiles and typewriters. Copes successfully with demands from timekeepers, remaining calm under pressure. Conducts all business in a confidential manner. Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years’ relevant legal assistance experience preferred.
- Experience in Litigation required.
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Previous transcription experience.
- Ability to work 7.5 hours per day during the core business hours of 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. plus overtime as needed, and maintain an acceptable level of attendance and punctuality. Specific schedule to be determined by supervisor.
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more. Please send a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to careersOM huschblackwell.com.