Click to view a recording of the New HIPAA Regulations webinar.
Husch Blackwell attorneys will discuss the recently published changes to the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules and will provide advice on how covered entities and business associates can bring their organizations into compliance by the September 23, 2013 enforcement date. Some of the more significant developments include:
- Expansion of a patient’s right to receive electronic copies of health information
- Requirements for modifying and redistributing notices of privacy practices
- New standards for determining when a breach occurs and when reporting is necessary
- Direct applications of privacy and security obligations to business associates and subcontractors
- Modifications regarding the disclosure of genetic information
- Increased penalties for violations
Due to increased enforcement activity, covered entities and business associates that ignore, or are unaware of, their HIPAA obligations risk significant penalties for noncompliance.
Husch Blackwell attorneys Pete Enko and Steve James.
Date & Time
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Noon - 1 p.m. (CDT)
Continuing Education Credit
This program has been approved for Missouri and Illinois CLE credit.
Please contact Shana Hoy at 816.983.8809