THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2017 | 8:00 A.M. - 1:30 P.M.
JW MARRIOTT AUSTIN | 110 E. SECOND STREET, AUSTIN, TX 78701
Please join Husch Blackwell and Berkeley Research Group for our 15th Annual Texas Health Law Conference in Austin. Network with other healthcare leaders as you learn about the following topics:
- Healthcare Innovation and Technology – Learn about telehealth and other digital health technology policy developments at the state and federal levels, operational best practices and applicable laws related to digital health technologies.
- Rick Peters, M.D., Chief Information Officer, Dell Medical School
- John J. Kelliher, Managing Director, Berkeley Research Group
- Julian Rivera, Partner, Husch Blackwell
- Highs and Lows of the 85th Texas Legislature
- Keynote Speaker: Kirk Watson, Texas State Senator for District 14 and Husch Blackwell Partner
- Innovation Zone – Get the latest update on the largest and most anticipated development project taking shape in the heart of downtown Austin.
- The New Era of Liability and Litigation – Learn about new enforcement actions, the rise of private fraud litigation and the media’s influence on allegations of wrongdoing against healthcare entities.
- Brian G. Flood, Partner, Husch Blackwell
- Julie Nielson, Managing Director, Berkeley Research Group
- James A. Gilman, General Counsel, Methodist Healthcare System
- Cyberthreats: Are You Ready? A Look at the Privacy Implications of an Attack – Data breaches are increasingly inevitable and potentially debilitating. This talk will discuss the current cybersecurity threat landscape, how cyberattacks affect healthcare companies and the legal fallout of a hack.
- Belts, Suspenders and Not-So-Deep Pockets – Eavesdrop on a client, her lawyer and her insurance advisor navigating a cybersecurity breach, ransomware risk and a government audit triggered by a vendor’s conduct. Learn how providers can more wisely use insurance products and contract provisions to maximize their protection and reduce cost.
- Top 5 Legal Issues for Healthcare Employers – Join in a discussion of the most common legal and compliance concerns facing healthcare employers today.
Who Should Attend
CEOs, COOs, CFOs, general counsel, compliance officers and other senior business leaders. Representatives of hospitals, physician groups and other healthcare organizations.
Continuing Education Credit
This program is pending approval for Texas continuing legal education credit.
Contact Ashley Connell at 414.978.5351.