The American Health Lawyers Association has named Husch Blackwell among the top 10 law firms in its “Top Honors” for 2013. Husch Blackwell is ranked at No. 9, up from No. 14 in 2012 and No. 18 in 2011. Husch Blackwell has 111 attorneys who are AHLA members, located in Chattanooga, Tenn.; Chicago; Denver; Jefferson City, Mo.; Kansas City, Mo.; Memphis, Tenn.; Omaha, Neb.; Springfield, Mo.; and St. Louis.
Husch Blackwell also is recognized as a leader in healthcare law in five other categories of the 2013 AHLA Top Honors:
- Most members in Missouri.
- No. 1 ranking in the South Central Region.
- Participation in all 16 AHLA practice groups.
- Second-most members participating in the Healthcare Liability and Litigation practice group nationally.
- Second-most members participating in the Life Sciences practice group nationally.
In addition, several Husch Blackwell attorneys serve in leadership positions within AHLA:
- Partner Barbara L. Miltenberger (Jefferson City, Mo.), AHLA Board of Directors member
- Partner Harvey M. Tettlebaum (Jefferson City, Mo.), AHLA Fellow
- Partner Cori Casey Turner (Kansas City, Mo.), Young Professionals Council chair
- Partner Robert J. Tomaso (St. Louis), Labor & Employment practice group vice chair
- Partner David Pursell (Kansas City, Mo.), Accountable Care Organization Task Force vice chair
- Associate Jarrod W. Pearson (Denver), Mentoring Council member
AHLA is the nation’s largest, nonpartisan, 501(c)3 educational organization devoted to legal issues in the healthcare field.
Husch Blackwell’s Healthcare attorneys have extensive experience representing healthcare, life sciences and pharmaceutical clients in all types of litigation, regulatory enforcement actions and investigations throughout the country covering all facets of the industry. They represent clients in transactional, operational and administrative matters. Husch Blackwell has developed a national reputation for representing leading hospitals and health systems, academic medical centers, post-acute centers, physicians, and other healthcare providers. They counsel life sciences investors and research facilities at every phase of their development and implementation cycles. In addition, they advise pharmacies, prescription drug benefit managers, drug manufacturers and other stakeholders in the supply chain to help navigate regulatory obstacles.