Husch Blackwell is pleased to announce that 19 of the firm’s Denver attorneys have been listed in Colorado Super Lawyers and Rising Stars 2013. In addition, Jeff Chase, Paul Jacobs and Mary Stuart were listed within the Top 100 Colorado Super Lawyers; Stuart was also named in the Top 50 Women list.
The following Husch Blackwell attorneys were named Colorado Super Lawyers 2013:
- Michael H. Berger, Business Litigation
- Jeffrey A. Chase, Business Litigation (Top 100)
- Steven M. Cohen, Real Estate
- Robert P. Detrick, Real Estate
- Barbara A. Grandjean, Employment & Labor
- Paul A. Jacobs, Real Estate (Top 100)
- Kevin H. Kelley, Real Estate
- Matthew J. Smith, Securities Litigation
- David S. Steefel, Business Litigation
- Mary H. Stuart, Employment & Labor (Top 100, Top 50 Women)
- Lawrence M. Zavadil, Business Litigation
The following Husch Blackwell attorneys were named Colorado Rising Stars 2013:
- Christopher J. Brady, Employment & Labor
- Jennifer Haynes, Real Estate
- Michael J. Meacher, Real Estate
- Andrew W. Myers, Business Litigation
- Christopher L. Ottele, Employment & Labor
- Kathryn A. Reilly, Business Litigation
- Jeffrey D. Whitney, Securities Litigation
- Sudee Mirsafian Wright, Business Litigation
Only up to 5 percent of attorneys in a state are named Super Lawyers. Selecting the attorneys involves an in-depth, measurable process. Peer nominations by seasoned attorneys followed by detailed evaluations are matched against third-party research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on a state-by-state basis annually.
No more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in a state are named Rising Stars. The lawyers who make this list must be under 40 years old or have less than 10 years of legal experience. They go through the same selection process as Super Lawyers, excluding the peer evaluations.