Your 24/7 Compliance Partner
Satisfying the myriad mandatory reporting requirements of the Clery Act can be a challenge. Gathering data on campus incidents, drafting safety procedures and filing annual reports takes time and money. And failure to report correctly can result in investigations and fines.
The new Clery Compliance Toolset (CCT) streamlines the process. The online tool was designed by Husch Blackwell attorneys who are proficient in the complex requirements of the Clery Act. It incorporates our Education team’s depth of knowledge, as well as best legal practices, to ensure your institution is in compliance.
The Clery Compliance Toolset uses your campus-specific information to:
- Create security policies and procedures
- Log crime and fire incidents
- Compile reports and documents, including the Annual Security Report (ASR)
Users enter safety information for their campus by following easy-to-understand prompts.
The CCT compiles the information and develops the required documents.
- Customized Content. As users enter information, the CCT relies on decision-tree analysis to suggest the next steps. Documents can be searched and edited to fit your needs. Institutions with more than one location can filter information by individual campus.
- Easy Access. Users can log into the CCT 24 hours a day from office PCs or laptops. Multiple persons on campus may be allowed access.
- Intuitive Design. The format of the CCT is easy to understand. Links and pop-ups provide definitions and additional information to ensure the data you enter will be complete, accurate and up-to-date.
- Daily Log. The Clery Compliance Toolset can be used to log crime and fire incidents. It advises whether incidents must be reported under the Clery Act.
- Centralized Recordkeeping. The CCT compiles all your security documents and statistics in one place, reducing year-end scrambling to find and compile required documents.
- Experienced Support. If questions arise, a Husch Blackwell attorney is just a phone call or email away.
- Excellent Value. The base subscription to the Clery Compliance Toolset includes a two-hour review of your institution’s ASR by a Husch Blackwell attorney.
5 Key Benefits
The CCT has been designed with you in mind. It will:
- Save your institution time
- Save your institution money
- Allow more efficient use of campus resources
- Offer peace of mind from knowing your institution is compliant
- Strengthen your campus safety and security efforts
Read more for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
View the CCT brochure.