Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening for a Procurement Analyst in our Clayton, MO office.
Senior Manager of Procurement
Scope of Responsibilities:
Primarily responsible to ensure the completion of complex procurement functions and asset management process involving the exercise of a greater degree of independent judgment and analysis in support of acquisitions made by the Administrative Departments as assigned by the Senior Manager – Procurement within the Firm, as well as purchases for clients as requested by attorneys.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures, and/or monitoring sourcing process.
- Compiles data from a wide variety of sources for the purpose of analyzing spend/usage.
- Research and analyze new products, market conditions, and trends which may affect pricing and availability of products and services.
- Responsible for developing appropriate product/service specifications with the help of a business area and procurement management to accurately explain business needs to suppliers.
- Initiates or supports sourcing processes by obtaining competitive costs from suppliers through the development, release, and receipt of Requests for Quotations, Request for Proposals, or Request for Information (RFx).
- Completes assessments of supplier capabilities, and creates complex analyses on comparative costs, features, and terms submitted by suppliers in the RFx process.
- Develop and present recommendations to the Senior Manager of Procurement and/or business area management, for source selection.
- Negotiates costs, delivery schedules, and terms, including at times working with staff attorneys, along with Senior Manager of Procurement, to establish contracts with suppliers.
- Releases Purchase Orders (PO’s) as generated by Procurement Clerks from requisitions.
- Monitors delivery status, expediting shipments as required, and supplier performance issues, including completing related telephone and written/electronic correspondence.
- Direct information to applicable Procurement staff to support administration of all acquisition contracts within the various phases of the contract process.
- Monitor project task reporting to support software licensing & hardware maintenance management processes within the responsibility of the Procurement group, including renewal processing.
- Performs other duties or projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in related field; or combination of education and commensurate work experience required.
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience required, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Existing, or capable of developing, in-depth understanding of procurement sourcing with relevant knowledge of technology (hardware/software).
- Knowledge of general office procedures and ability to analyze, organize, and prioritize complex detailed problems and make independent decisions required.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more. Please send a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to: careersclayton huschblackwell.com.